Monday, February 1, 2010

Well, now, it has been much too long since I posted last. Life has once again taken off in full and I am back in the swing of everything. Just goes to show that life slows for no one and it is up to each of us to be a part of the chaos or sit back and be a spectator. Once and I while I NEED to just sit back and watch it all happen in front of me, but I typically choose to be involved and a part of it all.
In the Fall, I finished another semester of classes and am mostly pleased with my results. I am on the one year plan with my plastic surgeon ( don't have to see him until next November), am on the three month plan with my oncologist, and so far all is clear and I'm doing well.
I've begun going to the gym more faithfully and have a goal in mind. I want to run the 5K (well, ok, mostly jog) at the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure this coming June. I will be by my husband's side, the most encouraging and supportive man I could imagine loving, and though the first day of training has me hurting in places I never imagined, I look forward to the end result of begin able to cross the finish line with my head held high as an almost 18 month survivor at that point. It was a goal I told myself I wanted to go after when I watched many survivors running the 5K last year, my first year attending the Race for the Cure. How much more remarkable a feat and a way to celebrate the miracle and blessing of still being alive than to run for life with the life I still have.
This past weekend, the end of January 2010, brought a few anniversaries that brought many mixed emotions. The first was of my first and last mammogram.......WHEW!!! Glad those are over with! Next came the very next day with the anniversary of my two biopsies. Two days later, the night before my birthday, the anniversary of "the phone call". It was only good phone calls this time, and the pizza party redo was sooooo outstanding!!!
I AM A ONE YEAR SURVIVOR!!!!! Some days it is still so hard to believe the reality of this whole past year. Then again, there are daily reminders that I cannot escape, and I am pulled into the present again.

Through it all, I thank God for all the blessings, look at my family, my children, and realize how lucky I am, what miracles I have in this life, no matter what obstacles may come my way. Thank you Lord for your constant grace and mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment