Friday, June 11, 2010


Well, the 5K has been run....ok, walked/run...I can't imagine having been able to do it without the support of my husband. What an amazing man. Last year I was barely able to walk the 1.5, and at that point, watching all the athletes, family, friends, and survivors run and walk in the 5K I decided to make it my goal for this year's Komen Race. I finished, and that is all I cared about this year. So the question is do I make a new goal for next year and try to improve my time or do I just keep doing what I'm doing and go about the 5K next year at whatever pace I choose, or do I just sit back and enjoy the Survivor's breakfast and cheer on everyone else?

I suppose I don't have to answer these questions right now, but I do like the fact that I COULD improve my time. Now I have a year to really focus and work at it, but do I really want to? I'm just happy to have reached yet another goal and proud of myself for completing something. So, who knows....We all have to wait to find out.

Thank you, Bryan, for your constant encouragement. This past year and a half would have been next to impossible to get through as easily if you had not been here carrying me when I was tired, encouraging me when my spirit was down, and pushing me harder when I just wanted to quit. You are one of the strongest men I know, and I love you with all my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment